I think the latest healthcare issues are very interesting. I read an article that pointed out that the party in power referred to the "uninsured in America", not "uninsured Americans". I guess that is so they can claim they always meant to insure the illegal aliens, that just happened to come to the US, don't pay taxes, but will probably be counted in the next census run by Mr. Obama and ACORN.
I don't believe that health insurance is a inalienable right, just as having an EBT card and getting to eat steak, while all of the people paying for that EBT card eat hamburger and store brand foods. I think if healthcare is going to be fixed we need to fix the whole damn thing not just the feel good parts that buy votes for the Dems.
Here is my suggestion.
1. Limit malpractice suits to a reasonable level, like $500,000 if the Doc cuts off the wrong leg. (will drive plaintiffs bar crazy, because yachts will be out of the price range with these small settlements).
2. Replace Medicaid with a system of free clinics owned by the government and staffed with left leaning doctors, or better yet PETA people. (Oops I forgot to include free vet clinics in with it).
3. DO not provide medical coverage to illegal aliens unless they pay up front, and don't let babies born to illegals in the US become citizens. (I don't understand how someone here illegally should have the rights of legal citizens).
4. LEAVE me the hell alone about my private health insurance that cost out the tail. Anyway about 1/3 of that goes to cover all the damn people in items 2 and 3.
5. If you insist on universal coverage, let anyone that wants to "opt out" and sign a waiver saying they don't ever want government help, and let me keep my private insurance, and let that develop into a better private healthcare system with on burden from the dead beats.
6. Send all the folks that want universal healthcare to Canada, where they can end up dying waiting to have an ingrown toenail removed.
These guvment people drive me crazy, we need the country run by a bunch of practical people not a bunch of lawyers that could not even cut it as lawyers.
I am going to get a touch of the cure.
Adventures In Appraisal
3 days ago