Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Where do these people come from?

I just love the news we have received today. Republican Governor Mark Sanford went "hiking" supposedly on the Appalachian Trail, which turns out to be code for Argentina, and we can only guess what "hiking" means. He disappearred from the face of the earth, reappears in Atlanta and then goes on to tell us that he "disappointed" and hurt a lot of people. HUH??????????????
I guess he just forgot what the cost for this would be to his sons, wife, and constituents.

I don't understand what it is with people that attain positions of power. I think that they believe they are above morality and that they won't ever get caught. Well lets see, Clinton, Edwards, Kennedy, Guilliani, McCain. What is it with these folks? Does power corrupt and absolute power corrupt absulutely?

Please give me a politician that can keep his pants zipped, follow through on his rhetoric, and walk the walk (including following Christian teachings) and not just talk the talk. And I mean walk the walk for a lifetime not only when convenient. I believe we should insert a morality clause into the constitution that forces politicians to leave office if they are so inclined to venture too far afield. I do believe in redemption, but would rather have good examples for my children. My teenager looked at me and said "at least it wasn't a man". What is this world coming too?

I do pray for these people, and hope they find their way back to the right path.

No wonder that no one trusts politicians.

1 comment:

Editor said...

once I'm elected to Congress, it will be wild women, whisky and wild times, hope I don't get my wrist slapped by censure.